Saturday, December 6, 2008

Kick Start Your Day, the Disciplined Way!

Do you know who you are? Do you love what you are doing? Do you have what you want out of life? Do you know what you want out of life? Do you wake up and jump out of bed every morning eager to face the challenges of a new day? If not, then you need discipline in your life. Kick start your day, the disciplined way!

Having invested over 30 years researching why some people are more successful than others, I have concluded that discipline is lacking in most people's lives. Discipline is the key to success in every area of life. Not only does discipline get you what you want to be, do or have, it helps you take control of your life and live the life of your dreams.

Personally I uphold the right attitude to be disciplined in my own life. All my successes are attributed to my discipline. Keep in mind that I define discipline as "a commitment to the most important person in the world (yourself), to do what you have to do, even when you do not want to do it."

Mind you, although I am disciplined, I still maintain a great deal of flexibility and balance in my life.

Discipline is required to help you to help yourself. You need to understand what success, attitude, motivation and that most important person —YOU— are all about. You must commit first to yourself, discipline, and then, to your dreams.

Discipline will help you lead the life you really want, to reduce stress
, to increase productivity, to improve your work environment, to attain the lifestyle you most desire and to do all the things you love. Just imagine living the life of your dreams. It is all possible with a little discipline.

With appropriate disciplines and rewards you can kick start your day, everyday!

Let's pretend the most productive time of your day is in the morning. What if you dedicated the first most productive hour of your day to the most important person in the world. That is where daily discipline starts.

Many years ago I was used to getting up at 7am and enjoying my first cup of coffee as I woke up. When I realized I was a morning person, I then decided to wake up an hour earlier and kick start my day, the disciplined way!

I would get up at 6am instead of 7am and I would dedicate that power hour to me! I would use that hour to re-enforce my gratitude for another day, to review my goals, to visualize them, to see the outcomes of the day and week ahead. At the end of that hour, I would then reward myself with my first cup of coffee.

That coffee tastes so much better now, then it ever did before, because it was now a reward for doing what I said I would do - that is discipline.

Any discipline that gets recognized and rewarded gets repeated, whether it be appropriate or inappropriate. Therefore, why not take control of your life?

Discipline yourself to the appropriate behaviors you want in your life and reward yourself with some of the simple things that we as a society take for granted.

Have a G.R.E.A.T Day! Want to know what G.R.E.A.T. stands for?/articlesbase

No comments: